Going Abroad experience
- Jan.-Feb.2006, Upgrading English in Sunshine Coast University, Australia
- Oct.2007,attending The 5th Annual International Conference on University Quality Development (UNIQUAL)“Changing University Culture: Issues of Quality in Lithuania, Co-organised by Institute of Educational Studies, Kaunas University of Technology, Programme for Teacher Education, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Research Center of Higher Education Development, Xiamen University; visiting Russia on the way.
- Aug.-Sep.2009,attending The Fifth International Conference on the Imperial Examination System and the study of Imperial Examination in 2009 SAPPORO Japan, sponsored by Hokkaido University.
Works and Publications
The Reform and Abolition of Imperial Examination and the
Transformation of Higher Education in Modern China
(Central China Normal University Press, 2005-3)
The History of Examination in China
(the third author), Central China Normal University Press,
The second chapter of The Study of the Imperial Examination
System in China (chief editor: Wang Bingzhao, Xu Yong) ,
Hebei People Press,2002-6.
Participated in the compiling of A Hundred Years of Higher
Education of China (chief editor: Pan Maoyuan, deputy chief
editor: Wu Daguang, Zhang Yaqun), Guang Dong Higher Education
The fourteenth introduction and the first and second
chapter(about fifty thousand words) of
China Southeast: A Study on Culture and Economy
(chief editor:Chen Zhiping,Zhan Shichuang), Xiamen University
Press,2003-9,which gained the Fourteenth Book Award of China.
- Participated in compiling End of the Imperial Examination system and the Rise of Study of Imperial Examination(chief editor: Liu
Haifeng,deputy chief editor: Zhang Yaqun) Central China Normal University Press, 2006-10.
- The second chapter of The Brief History of Examination in China, (chief editor:Yang Xuewei), Higher Education Press, 2009-9.
- The first,third and fourth chapter of The History of Higher Education(chief editor:Liu Haifeng,Shi Jinghuan)，Higher Education Press, 2010-6.
Chiefly academic papers since 1996
- Analysis of the Development Policy of Human Resources in Singapore, Journal of Huaqiao University (Social Science Edition), No. 1, 1996. An Analysis of Cultural Inheritance of Chinese Education in
- Contemporary Southeast Asia, Overseas Chinese History Studies, No.1, 1996.
- Spread and Evolution of Confucian Culture in Southeast Asia
and Its Prospect, Journal of Huaqiao University (philosophy and
Social Science), No. 2, 1997.
- On Li Guangyao's Elitistic Attitudes to Higher Education,
Shanghai research in Higher Education, No. 6,1998.
- Comments on and analysis of the dialectical relationship
between Chinese traditional culture and modern higher education.
Research in Higher Education, No. 5, 1998.
- On Multiple Choices of Joint Education of University, Theory
and Practice of Higher Education in Building Material Science, No.
- Theory Originates from Practice and Is above Practice, Higher
Education Research, No. 3, 1999.
- The Humanistic Tradition of Confucianism and Contemporary
University Ethical Education between the Mainland and Taiwan, Social
Science Front, No. 4, 1999.
- Analysis of the Characteristics of the Abolishment of
Imperial Examination System and the Modernization of Higher
Education in China, Education Journal of Jimei University, No. 4,
- On the Development of Overseas Education during the last years of
Qing-Dynasty, Journal of Huaqiao University (philosophy and Social
Science), No. 4, 2000.
the Impact of HSK on Overseas Chinese Teaching, Overseas Chinese
Education, No. 3, 2001.
Reform and Abolishment of Imperial Examination and the Modernization
of China's Higher Education, Southeast Academic Research, No. 6,
- Analysis on the Opening to the Outside World of Higher Education
in Fujian since 1980, Journal of Jimei University (Education Science
Edition), No. 2, 2002.
Complementary Role of Self-Study Exams for Higher Education, The
Journal of Xiamen University (A Bimonthly for Studies in Arts and
Social Science), No. 2, 2002.
- Comments on Overseas Chinese Students' Pursuit of studies in
Taiwan, Taiwan Research Quarterly, No. 3, 2002.
- From Shuntian School to Shuntian College ----Tracking down the
origin of Hebei Normal University, Journal of Hebei Normal
University (Education Science Edition), No. 5, 2002.
Study of Imperial Examination System: A Cultural Perspective, The
Journal of Xiamen University (A Bimonthly for Studies in Arts and
Social Science), No.6, 2002.
Abrogation of Imperial Examination and Popularization of Educational
System of the end of Qing-Dynasty,Journal of Jiangxi Science and
Technology Teacher's College,No.1,2003.
implementation and change of degree awarding of the Imperial
Examination in the end of Qing-Dynasty, Journal of Higher Education,
No. 2, 2003.
Rational Reflection on the Negative Influence on the Admission
Examination of Universities and Colleges in China, Sea Breeze of
Yue, No. 2, 2003.
- Joining the WTO and The Cultural Orientation in the Reform of
Higher Education Both Sides of the Taiwan Strait, New
Waves----Educational Research and Development, January 2004,Volume
9,No.1.Chinese American Educational Research and Development
the Educational Effect on Abolishing of the Imperial Examination at
the End of Qing Dynasty, Social Science Journal (Bimonthly), No. 1,
Misinterpretations of the Higher Education Institutions -Independent
Entrance Examination and Recruitment Policy, Testing Research, No.
- .From Traditional Civil Examination to Modern Entrance Examination
---The Changing and Inheritance of Testing Culture After The
Abolition of Imperial Examination, Room of Book, No.1, 2005.
Imperial Examinations at a Century, Fudan Education Forum, 2, 2005.
- .Higher Education Institutions-Independent Enrollment not Equal to
Separate Examination Educational Research (Monthly), Volume 26 No.3,
- Overseas Education and the shaping-up of Chinese Earlier Modern
Universities----An Analysis Based on the Reform of Three State
Universities around 1920s, Educational Communication and Education
Modernization, Zhejiang University Press, 2005-3.
- History of Imperial Examinations: an Academic Increase Point in
Education History, Education Comment (Bimonthly), No. 2, 2005.
the safeguard mechanism of credit exam, GuangMing Daily，May
to Insure the Safe of Entrance Exam in the Condition of High-tech，GuangMing
Daily， Jun 8th,2005,7Edition.
- From Separate Exam to Unified Exam—The Revelation of College
Entrance Examination Reform in Minguo Period, Teacher’s
Abolishment of Imperial Civil Examination System and the Academic
Transition—The Development of Science Education in the Late Qing
Academic Research, No.4, 2005
- Appraisal of Imperial Examinations: Standard, Field of Vision and
of China University of Geosciences ( Social Sciences Edition), No.
Summary of “International Conference of the Imperial Examination
System and the Study of Imperial Examination”，JOURNAL
OF XIAMEN UNIVERSITY( Arts & Social Sciences) No.6,2005.
the Cultural Heritage of the Chinese Imperial Examination，JOURNAL
OF XIAMEN UNIVERSITY( Arts & Social Sciences) No.2,2006.
Choice of Independent University Entrance Examination systems ,Fudan
the discussion of the terms in the Imperial Examination,
China Examinations, Issue 7(the First Half 0f Semimonthly), Volume
- The three Orientation to the Reform of Exam Evaluation, GuangMing Daily，September
- Perspective on the Reform of Independent Enrollment in Peking University and Qinghua University, Examinations Research.Jan,No.1,2007.
- The evolution trend of the entrance exam for the graduate students in Mass Higher Education，Academic degree and the education of the graduate students，No.1,2007.
- On the Approach of the Faculty’s Professional Development,University: Study & Evaluation,No.2,2007.
- The Historical turning point of Talent selection system: Reflection on the College Entrance Examination in China Back 30 years,Southeast academic,No.4,2007.
- Commentary on Chinese Students Studying in Germany from the 1920s to the 1930s（the First author）, Journal of Xuzhou Normal University (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition) No.5,2007.
- The Native and Non-native Characteristics in China’s Modern Higher Education, Journal of Dalian University,No.1,2008.
- Characteristics of the University Culture: National and International, Journal of China University of Geosciences (Social Sciences Edition), No.4,2008.
- Analysis on the Three Models in the Higher Education Institutions’Independent Recruitmen, Examinations Research,No.4,2008.
- On the Contemporary Value of the Study of Imperial Examination, Journal of Xiamen University (Arts & Social Sciences), No.5,2008.
- From Law Exploration to Culture Interpretation——New Method of Educational History Research，Journal of South China Normal University(Social Science Edition ),No.5,2008.
- Too Early to Abolish the Separation of the Subjects between Arts and Science in high school,(the First author), Examinations Research,No.2,2009.
- The Change and Inspiration of Liberal Education Traditions under Imperial Examination System，Journal of Huazhong Normal University(humanities and Social Sciences）,No.4,2009.
- Imperial Examination and Chinese Character Culture—Analyzing Why Chin-shih Outshined Others, Journal of China University of Geosciences (Social Sciences Edition),No.6,2009.
- Return to Confucian culture from the western culture——On Lim Boon Keng’s thought of college education,Journal of Higher Education, No.1,2010.
- The Independent Recruitment Reform in Higher Education Institutions: Motivations,Challenges,and Approaches.Peking University Education Review, No.2,2010.
- On the Exceptional Enrollment of University——Case of Qian Zhongshu,WuHan,Zang Kejia Enrollment of University(the First author), Examinations Research,No.1,2011.
- Reformation of Higher Education from Cultural Perspective Recognition of the Early Modernization Mode of Higher Education in China, Journal of China University of Geosciences (Social Sciences Edition), No.1,2011.
- Lim Boon Keng and the Early Development of Amoy University, Journal of Xiamen University (Arts & Social Sciences),No.2,2011.
- Mei Yiqi and the Practice of General Education of Tsinghua University(the first autuor), University Education Science, No.4,2011.
- A comparative study of Guo Bingwen’s and LimBoon Keng ’s educational thoughts, Journal of Southeast University(Philosophy and Social Science) No.6,2011.
- Talent Selecting and the First Signs of Imperial Examination.——An Analysis of Ge Hong’s Talent and Test Concept. Examinations Research,No.1,2012.
- Integration of Chinese and Western Cultures, Cultivation of Professional Talent: Analysis on characteristics of Chen Yuan’s Thought of Higher Education. Journal of Fujian Normal University(Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition) No.1,2012.
- From the Confucius University to the Confucius Institute—— The evolution of China's foreign education communication media, Journal of Higher Education, No.1,2012.
- Chen Huanzhang’s views on Confucianism and Their Educational Influence, Journal of Hebei Normal University (Educational Sciences Edition), No.1, 2012.